8 Apr 2022
In accordance with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1994, Arrow Energy has lodged an application for an amendment to an existing Environmental Authority (EA0001401) for Petroleum Lease 253 (Hopeland) as part of its Surat Gas Project. The application relates to the construction and operation of coal seam gas (CSG) wells and gathering pipeline within Arrow’s Surat Basin CSG fields.
The amendment application seeks the following increases to the currently authorised activities:
- construction and operation of an additional 55 wells
- construction and operation of 100 km of water and gas gathering pipelines
- associated ancillary activities necessary for the construction and operation of the wells and gathering.
Activities are proposed to occur within the area of Petroleum Lease (PL), PL253 (see map).
Obtaining a copy of the application
The application document for the project consists of the properly made Environmental Authority Application Report with supporting appendices and Arrow’s response to the information request from the Department of Environment and Science.
The application document may be inspected or accessed, and copies and extracts may be obtained by visiting arrowenergy.com.au or at the following locations:
Arrow Energy Community Information Centre
42 Cunningham Street
Dalby Qld 4405
State Library of Queensland
Cultural Precinct, Stanley Place
South Brisbane Qld 4101
Western Downs Libraries
107 Drayton Street
Dalby Qld 4405
88-86 Heeney Street
Chinchilla Qld 4413
Making a submission
Any person may make a submission about the application during the submission period which starts on 8 April and lasts until 11 May (COB). All submissions must be received on or before 4.30pm on the last day of submission period and be sent to:
Department of Environment and Science
Attention: Team Leader, Energy, Extractive and Southwest Compliance
GPO Box 2454, Brisbane, QLD 4001
As administering authority the Department of Environment and Science will accept all properly made submissions and may accept written submissions even if they are not properly made. A properly made submission must meet all of the following requirements:
- be written or made electronically
- state the name and address of each submitter
- be made to the administering authority stated above
- be received on or before the last day of the submission period
- state the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
- Supporting Report: Hopelands EA PL253 Amendment Application
- Supporting Report: Hopelands EA PL253 Amendment Application - Appendix
- Hopeland EA Amendment Application RFI Response
For more information, visit arrowenergy.com.au or contact Arrow via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 038 856 (free call).
Phone: 1800 038 856 (toll free)