Biological diversity provides significant cultural, economic, educational, environmental, scientific and social benefits.
We have incorporated biodiversity conservation principles in our operational practices, and agreements with staff, contractors and other service providers. These principles include:
- adopting ecosystem database searches and ground-truthing, to ensure Arrow's infrastructure does not significantly impact on classified regions of vegetation and animal habitat conservation
- initiating research and development into best practice ways to manage and utilise coal seam gas water
- fauna and flora base-lining at all of our sites to ensure infrastructure does not significantly impact protected areas or species during construction and operation
- funding scholarship programs at local high schools to ensure environment and biodiversity principles are passed onto the next generation
- initiating an invasive pest species management system, including the assessment of all of our vehicles that could convey weeds and pests from one area to another
- rehabilitating our operational areas, including surface erosion controls.
Page last updated: 14 June 2017