Project assessment (EIS)
Arrow must gain approval from the Queensland and Commonwealth Governments before our major projects can proceed.
The approvals process ensures our activities have been properly assessed and appropriate measures are in place to avoid or minimise environmental, social and economic impacts. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is generally considered the most appropriate method to assess a project and:
- identifies potential adverse and beneficial impacts of the projects
- ensures Arrow protects environmental, social and economic values that may be affected by the projects
- identifies environmental management measures
- ensures community and stakeholder views are heard.
Arrow's projects include the following, each of which was subject to its own EIS process.
- Bowen Gas Project – State and Federal approvals granted
- Surat Gas Project – State and Federal approvals granted
- Arrow Surat Pipeline – State and Federal approvals granted
- Arrow Bowen Pipeline – State and Federal approvals granted
A standalone Arrow LNG plant on Curtis Island also received State and Federal approvals, but will not proceed at this time. Copies of the EIS can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
Page last updated: 23 September 2015