We produce CSG from fields in the Surat Basin in southern Queensland and the Bowen Basin in central Queensland. With about 1,200 CSG wells, we supply the Townsville (234MW), Daandine (33MW), Braemar 2 (450MW), Braemar (502MW) and Moranbah (12MW) power stations, as well as industrial users in Townsville and Moranbah.
Our exploration tenements that cover approximately 18,000km2 across Queensland offer opportunities to support both domestic and international demand for cleaner energy.
Townsville Power Station
- Arrow and AGL Energy share equal rights to the electricity generated
- 234 MW power station
- powered wholly by gas from the Moranbah Gas Project
- gas transported from Moranbah to Townsville via the North Queensland Gas Pipeline
Braemar 2 Power Station
- 40km south west of Dalby
- 450 MW Power Station
- fired by CSG from Arrow's Daandine and Tipton West gas fields
- second largest gas-fired power station in Queensland
- Arrow took full ownership of Braemar 2 in July 2011, from ERM Power Limited
Daandine Power Station
- 40km west of Dalby, built close to Arrow's Daandine production field which supplies gas to this facility at low pressure
- 30 MW power station
- first electricity generated in December 2006
Moranbah Gas Project
- one of Australia's largest operating CSG projects
- joint venture operation between Arrow and AGL Energy
- located in the Bowen Basin, 400km south of Townsville and 170km west of Mackay
- first gas commercially supplied in September 2004
- gas used in electricity generation by Moranbah and Townsville Power Stations and by mineral refining facilities in North Queensland
Surat Gas Project
The proposed Surat Gas Project (SGP) will provide gas for both domestic and export markets. It covers an area from Wandoan to Dalby, and down to the south-west of Millmerran.
The SGP Environmental Impact Statement was approved by Queensland Government in October 2013 and received Federal approval in December 2013.
Bowen Gas Project
Arrow's proposed Bowen Gas Project (BGP) involves a phased expansion of Arrow's CSG production in the Bowen Basin to supply the liquefied natural gas (LNG) export market.
The project area runs from north of Moranbah to Glenden for its first phase and, in future, south of Moranbah.
The BGP Environmental Impact Statement was approved by Queensland Government in September 2014 and received Federal approval in October 2014.
Arrow Surat Pipeline
The proposed Arrow Surat Pipeline is a buried high-pressure steel pipeline to transport coal seam gas from the Surat Basin to a gas hub 22km west of Gladstone, where it will join the proposed Arrow Bowen Pipeline.
The ASP Environmental Impact Statement has received State and Federal approvals.
Arrow Bowen Pipeline
The proposed Arrow Bowen Pipeline (ABP) is a buried high-pressure steel pipeline to bring coal seam gas from the Bowen Basin to a gas hub 22km north west of Gladstone.
The ABP Environmental Impact Statement was approved by Queensland Government in March 2013 and received Federal approval in October 2014.
- 40km west of Dalby in south-east Queensland
- first gas produced in January 2006
- supplies CS Energy's Swanbank E Power Station near Ipswich
- 20km north west of Dalby in south-east Queensland
- first gas produced in July 2009
- supplies Braemar 2 Power Station
- 20km south of Dalby in south-east Queensland
- first gas produced in February 2007
- supplies the Braemar 1 and 2 Power Stations
Page last updated: 9 May 2017